15 May, 2013

GSoC - 1

BRL-CAD .. One of the awesome open-source communities I have ever seen ! Its totally cool with developers being so much patient, cool, understanding, kind and helpful. I have made two patches for this community, and one for STEPcode. STEP is the Standard for Exchange of Product Model Data used by BRL-CAD and I am planning to work on it.

There is something very fulfilling about getting your first patch committed in some application that will be used by thousands of other folks all across the globe. I read this up somewhere and few days back when I actually submitted a patch I realized how awesome feeling was that. 

This seem to be a really important project for me, where I will apply my C and C++ skills.

Also getting involved and building network in such a great open source community is an awesome feeling. Discussing with great, smart people from different parts of the world and knowing them is fun.

Few developers, whom I would like to thank are Sean Morrison, Mark Pictor, Cliff, Charlie and Erik. Hats-off to you guys !! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment